Title: Marketing Manager
Reports to: Chief Executive
£32-35,000 per annum (pro rata) depending on experience. Four days per per week.
To apply, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Wednesday 6th May 2020
Key Job Purpose
- Marketing the UK Jewish Film Festival, VOD platform, year-round screenings, membership scheme and other activities
- Increasing audience numbers, ticket sales, and membership revenues
- Increasing email database and number of followers and engagement through social media
- Retaining and increasing the number of Members
- Enhancing and increasing brand recognition, profile and reach
1. Marketing Plan
- Contributing to the development of an annual Marketing plan, working alongside the senior management team, and in line with the Business Plan and Branding Strategy.
- Implementing the Marketing Plan and Branding Strategy to enhance the charity’s profile, audiences and revenues including in relation to the UK Jewish Film Festival and its year-round screenings, other UK Jewish Film festival/events as required, Video on Demand and Membership.
- Controlling and regular reporting on the agreed marketing budget
2. UK Jewish Film Festival
- Marketing the festival including the festival UK tour with the aim of significantly increasing sales, audiences and revenues, with the support of the wider team.
- Developing, editing and overseeing the production and design of the printed and digital format programmes with focus on maximising sales as well as reflecting the branding/values of UK Jewish Film to all our stakeholders.
- Content management and regular updating of the website, and of all our other online platforms.
- Managing all content and design in relation to the festival in order to maximise sales, encourage high levels of traffic through engaging multi-media content, reflecting the branding and values of UK Jewish Film.
- Leading on the development, delivery and dissemination of the festival trailer and/or any other trailers and online content in collaboration with the Chief Executive and senior team.
- Leading on and implementing the advertising campaign for the festival including supplying design elements.
3. Social Media
- Implementing the social media plan in line with the Branding Strategy to ensure demonstrably higher levels of engagement as well as higher numbers of followers and likes on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Ensuring social media includes effective calls to action that increase ticket sales, film streaming, or potential sponsors/advertising.
- Ensuring up to date and attractive presentation of the UK Jewish Film brand on all social media platforms
- Creating and posting diverse and appealing multi-media content regularly or, where available, overseeing social media or other contractors in the creating and posting of agreed content.
- Regular evaluation and reporting including providing analysis on levels on engagement
- Creating and supplying appropriate marketing assets in line with any agreements reached by the Chief Executive or Partnerships Manager with external partners
- Supporting the Partnerships Marketing on marketing aspects of partnership agreements.
5. Website and VOD
- Driving the ongoing development of the UK Jewish Film website with up-to-date, constantly new, updated and engaging content, configured to promote/increase ticket sales.
- Creating and/or overseeing creation of copy and new content for the website. Maintaining the integrity of the brand through the website.
- Managing and improving our Google presence and profile.
- Developing and promoting new content for the Video on Demand platform in collaboration with the Head of Programming.
6. Online Ticket Sales System
- Working closely with the Operations Manager to ensure the ticketing system is functioning efficiently and adequately tested in good time to meet our commitments and deadlines on priority and public launch.
- Ensuring the ticketing system maximises marketing opportunities for sales including of Membership
- Producing regular updates on sales and adding new names to the database in line with GDPR
7. Printed and Online Materials
- Responsibility for managing the development, design and production of all other printed materials e.g. regional city flyers, highlights flyers and year-round special events flyers in accordance with marketing plans.
- Occasionally using in-design software and the design toolkit to design printed and online materials for various platforms
- Planning, implementing and evaluating all newsletter campaigns and schedules
- Creating or overseeing the creation of copy for newsletters and ensuring brand style and consistency
9. Year-Round Screenings, FilmLAB and Events
- Delivering effective marketing for year-round screenings and events presented by UK Jewish Film at JW3 and other venues, including FilmLAB.
- Working effectively with the JW3 marketing team and any other strategic partners and venues to ensure marketing that increases sales in line with agreed targets.
- Marketing the Membership offer and increasing number of Memberships
Overseeing Membership marketing materials for the Festival and year-round including flyers, screencard and any others.
- Delivering exclusive Members event during the festival working with other members of the team.
- Identifying and implementing new ways to increase the various audience databases of the Festival, including email and postal databases, in line with GDPR.
- Working with the Operations Manager and volunteer coordinators, especially during the Festival period, to ensure extensive acquisition and recording of new data.
12. Audience Evaluation
- Working with the Chief Executive and Partnerships Manager to design audience evaluation methods that provide useful information relating to marketing, planning, programming and other aspects that informs planning for future events and as required by current funders.
- Identifying and implementing the most effective methods to capture audience evaluation from a broad and representative sample in the UK and in our tour cities.
- Overseeing interns in summarising, analysing and creating timely reports of any audience evaluation.
The following qualifications, skills and experience are essential for this post:
- Significant marketing experience including at least two years working at marketing manager level
- Experience of successfully implementing and managing the marketing plan for a film or arts festival or arts/entertainment events
- Proven experience of increasing audience numbers and box office and/or advertising revenues
- Experience of delivering effective partnerships
- Experience of producing high level printed and online marketing materials
- Experience of leading successful social media campaigns
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to take the initiative and motivate a group
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload
- Ability to write effective and professional marketing copy
- Good IT skills especially inDesign, Word and Excel
- Good organisational skills and an ability to work to tight deadlines
- University degree or equivalent
The following skills and experience are desirable for this post:
- Experience of marketing film festivals or films
- Experience of successfully developing and/or implementing Membership, Friends schemes
- Knowledge of Jewish and Israeli cinema and/or culture
- Experience in PR or managing of PR campaigns
- Experience of developing and marketing VOD or similar platforms
- Ability to work with a range of organisations and develop good working relationships
- Experience of developing audiences
- A track record of working to budgets