Title: Box Office Manager
Reports to: Operations Manager and Festival Producer
This role is fixed-term, project-based, and offered on a freelance basis only
3 days per week from 22nd September – 29th October, then full time from 1st – 26th November (with additional weekend hours required during the festival period, which is 4-18 November)
Application deadline: Friday 30 July
Work must be carried out in with due regard for UK Jewish Film’s equal opportunities and safeguarding policies. The project worker must respect the confidentiality of data stored electronically and by other means in keeping with General Data Protection Regulations and must abide by any GDPR related policies and procedures.
Key Job Purpose
- Managing the ticket sales process for the UK Jewish Film Festival 2021 including the online ticketing systems
- Building show screenings for a number of host venues, including accessible seating and social distance seating adjustments, where required.
- Managing telephone and online sales enquiries during members pre-sale and throughout festival period
- Recruiting and managing a team of volunteers and interns to adequately support bookings and online viewing enquires across the festival, including training and overseeing the virtual phone system.
- Managing, adjusting and regular detailed reporting on current sales and viewing figures of online screenings, as well as sales in cinemas, and all comps.
- Coordinate the printing and distribution of tickets to venues for physical screenings
- Managing comps and press allocations
- Overall day-to-day management of the effective functioning of the festival box office
- Running the virtual phone system during bookings period and the festival. Ensuring that all box office calls are dealt with promptly and efficiently. Box office personnel are often the first point of contact with the Festival and as such are important representatives of the Festival.
- Managing interns who are dealing with box office and calls, training and providing constructive feedback
- Recruiting, training, and rostering a team of additional volunteers to assist with phone sales and technical support as required.
- Ensuring that all customer information is recorded accurately bearing in mind the need for accurate names, postal address and email information for our database purposes.
- Checking during all transactions that the software is making correct calculations in regard to ticket prices, totals and discounts and alert the Operations Manager to any potential problems.
- Dealing directly with the software engineers as required by Operations Manager and Festival Producer.
- Representing the Festival in a friendly, efficient and courteous manner
- Keeping a close eye on sales and viewing figures, adjusting allocations and generating reports
- Adding new events for sale to the website and updating according to sales status.
- Coordinating customer contact and refund process in the event of cancelled events
- Managing redistribution of allocated tickets in the event of changing social distancing restrictions
- Managing the accurate building and rebuilding of event seating based on maps provided by venues
Complimentary tickets and discounts
- Assisting Operations Manager and Festival Producer with Sponsor, Patron ticketing fulfilment, and leading on efficient management and coordination of press allocations and other comp allocations.
- Dealing with requests for individual screenings from accredited press
- Liaising with Marketing Manager as required regarding special discounts, promotions and competitions
- A thorough knowledge of the Festival ticketing offer including physical screenings, online rentals, festival passes, member discounts, special offers, terms and conditions.
- Lead and assist customers with at home viewing support using platform supported technologies. Monitor escalations from platform’s FAQ and online chat system.
- Ensuing that all new emails acquired through sales transactions are regularly added to the newsletter database before and during the course of the festival
- Supporting the Marketing Manager where required on issues relating to festival marketing.
- Attendance at physical screenings, setting up and managing the box office, and working as first point of contact for festival customers
- Liaising with physical venues in relation to box office issues as required by the Operations Manager and Festival Producer.
- Compiling final detail audience report at end of the festival as required by the Chief Executive
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proven knowledge of ticketing software, including the effective and accurate capture and management of ticket-buyer data
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to show initiative
- Ability to lead and build a strong team of volunteers and interns
- Ability to liaise effectively with multiple cinemas/venue managements
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively in writing and orally, with strong awareness/understanding of stakeholders/audiences.
- IT literate with good knowledge of office applications, CMS and CRMs
- Proven experience working in a box office and with use of ticketing software
- Reporting to senior management on sales and viewing figures
- High level customer service with experience of working with a wide range of patrons or regular customers, face-to-face and/or by telephone and email.
- Experience of working effectively with colleagues across an organisation, senior management and key external stakeholders
- Experience of working in a high profile, busy environment with multiple project and deadlines.
- Ability to respond effectively to changing priorities and remain calm under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a range of individuals
- The ability to work in a collaborative and sensitive way within a team, across an organisation and with external stakeholders
- The ability to respond quickly, manage competing deadlines and perform well under pressure.
- Well organised and strong attention to detail
- Commitment to the purpose and ethos of the charity.
- Front line customer service skills in a film festival, cinema or cultural environment
- Knowledge of independent film and wider cultural environment
- Knowledge of Jewish culture, identity and community
- A degree level qualification
- An interest in Jewish film and culture