Job Title: Digital Marketing Manager
Reports to: Head of Marketing
£28-32K per annum (pro rata) depending on experience. Three days per week. Future potential for full time work.
To apply, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Friday 21st January 2022
Do you have a passion for film and filmmaking? Are you are someone who can put that enthusiasm to use in developing and delivering creative and impactful digital content?
UK Jewish Film seeks a highly motivated Digital Marketing Manager with experience of running effective digital marketing campaigns within film, media or cultural organisations. We are looking to grow our social media channels so that we can promote and expand our substantial year-round film, cultural and educational output. We need you to help us take our social media to the next level. The position offers excellent scope for development. This year, we are excited about rolling out a wide range of the latest films on Jewish themes, as well as new film commissioning projects, and many other cultural and educational programmes aimed at diverse audiences across the UK.
Key Job Purpose
- To use social media to generate higher profile, engagement, participation, and sales for UK Jewish Film physical and online films and programmes.
- To grow our social media channels such as to promote our cultural and educational activities including the annual UK Jewish Film Festival
- Maximising sales, bookings and engagement
- Creating impactful digital content that also reflects the branding and values of UK Jewish Film
- Increasing our following, engagement, profile across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and any other relevant platforms
- Implementing and developing paid advertising campaigns, tracking and analysing results
- Promoting and growing our Membership offer
- Creating, designing and managing content and increasing newsletters database
- Managing day-to-day website content
- Creating Social Media Content
Generating and designing organic and paid content including editing film/video content for all relevant social media channelsFormatting and optimising content for each channel, for organic and paid campaigns, including regular and compelling content for stories, and interactive content such as polls.Producing relevant digital content for videos, trailers, blogs, social media and website, including working with colleagues where necessary to generate this.Using the above content to create compelling social media platforms and promote our festival, films, events, membership, filmmaking, education and other projects.Preparing, pitching and agreeing weekly and monthly social media plans with line managerProducing, sharing, delivering and presenting monthly analytics, reporting and monitoring for senior management.
- Increasing followers and engagement
Increasing followers, likes and levels of engagement across social media channels in line with agreed targets.Following and engaging with appropriate social media pages and feeds, groups and influencers to promote UK Jewish FilmReacting and interacting online with new and existing followers and others, responding to posts and messages, and commenting in order to drive followers and engagement.Generating higher levels of engagement across social mediaConverting engagers to become participants in online film viewings, events, applicants for film programmes, and sales for physical cinema and other events.Keeping up-to-date with developments in digital and social platforms, recommending ways they could be incorporated into UK Jewish Film marketing activities
3. Advertising campaigns
Developing and implementing paid advertising social campaigns, including working where necessary with external designers or contractors.Creating and editing appropriate digital and video content for advertising campaigns and writing promotional copy.Installing or managing installation of tracking pixels to analyse results with a view to optimising campaigns, developing lookalike and other target audiences.4. Newsletters
Creation, design and dissemination of regular e-newsletters including writing impactful and accurate copy.Ensuring that newsletters are optimised to compliment social media channelsUsing social media and other methods to increase the size of the email database, as well as analysing and segmenting data
Creating bespoke newsletters where necessary aimed at specific audience segments.
Analysing reports, making recommendations and adjusting appropriately future newsletter campaigns
Maintaining and backing up data
Creating attractive new content to make the website a compelling destination site with plenty of new and up-to-date, unique information and rich content
Updating website with current and upcoming events and removing or archiving content that is no longer relevant.
Ensuring that the website is well integrated with our social media platform
6. UK Jewish Film Festival
Working with the Head of Marketing on developing and delivering the digital marketing plan for the festival
Working with the Marketing Manager to identify and implement new ways to increase the various audience databases of the Festival, including email and postal databases, in line with GDPR.
Cleaning up, updating and building the postal database in preparation for the 2022 festival
The following qualifications, skills and experience are essential for this post:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in relevant marketing role
- Experience of leading successful social media campaigns including evidence of significantly increasing followers and engagement
- Experience of producing high-quality digital content for social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Ability to initiate, develop and manage all website, social media and digital platforms to ensure content is up-to-date and relevant
- Proficient in using scheduling tools and SM platforms e.g. Google Analytics, Hootsuite, Word, Excel etc
- Experience in building and implementing effective paid social adverts
- Ability to undertake basic editing of videos using iMovies or equivalent
- Experience using WordPress CMS
- Excellent copywriting and proof-reading skills
- Ability to take the initiative and work independently
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload
- Good organisational skills and an ability to work to tight deadlines
- Experience of developing audiences
- Commercially astute
The following skills and experience are desirable for this post:
- Experience of marketing film festivals or films
- Knowledge of Jewish and Israeli cinema and/or culture
- Video/film editing
- Using InDesign
- Experience of working with TVOD, SVOD or similar platforms
- Ability to work with a range of organisations and develop good working relationships