Title: Membership & Marketing Officer
Reports to: Marketing Manager
£24,500 – £27,500 per annum (pro rata) depending on experience. Full time (June-November 2021).
To apply, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Closing Date: Friday 18th June 2021
UK Jewish Film seeks a highly effective and enthusiastic Membership & Marketing Officer with experience of membership schemes and/or implementing digital marketing campaigns for film festivals or cultural organisations. We are looking for someone to help grow our membership base and take our social media and digital campaigns to the next level, significantly growing our online reach.
UK Jewish Film exhibits the best of world Jewish cinema in the UK and internationally, provides support and training to new and emerging filmmakers, and produces education and interfaith events for a wide variety of audiences.
We are currently looking for a Membership & Marketing Officer to support the Marketing Manager and Operations Manager in the delivery of the 25th anniversary edition of the UK Jewish Film Festival 2021. The festival will take place 4-18th November and will form a hybrid model, with screenings in UK cinemas and online.
The role will be based remotely but candidates will be expected to attend cinema screening events. Candidates must have access to the internet and a smartphone for remote working.
Key Job Purpose
Supporting the Marketing Manager with:
- the UK Jewish Film Festival, On Demand service and year-round screenings programme, membership scheme and other activities
- increasing audience numbers, ticket sales and membership revenues
- increasing email database and number of followers and engagement through social media
- Retaining and increasing the number of members through existing membership scheme
- Enhancing and increasing brand recognition, profile and reach.
Day-to-day management of Membership scheme and CRM, including processing new and renewed Memberships, maintaining up-to-date membership status, queries and offer redemptions
Marketing the Membership offer and increasing number of sales and renewals wherever possible through good knowledge of the incentives both philanthropic and financial
Developing Member communication campaigns, creating copy and ensuring brand style and consistency
Developing Membership marketing materials for the festival and year-round including flyers, screencard and any others
Delivering exclusive Members events during the festival working with other members of the team
Working with venues to ensure that UK Jewish Film member discounts and offers are honoured.
Implementing marketing activity in line with the Marketing Plan and Branding Strategy to enhance the charity’s profile, audiences and revenues including in relation to the UK Jewish Film Festival, On Demand services, other year round activities and Membership.
UK Jewish Film Festival
Support the Marketing Manager in promoting the festival significantly increase sales, audiences and revenues, working closely with the wider team.
Content management and regular updating of the website, and all our other online platforms.
Work with the Marketing Manager on content and design in relation to the festival with the aim of maximising sales and engagement through effective multi-media content, reflecting the branding and values of UK Jewish Film
Working with the Marketing Manager to implement a social media plan in line with the Branding Strategy to significantly increase social media following on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
Day-to-day management of all social media channels and all content creation to improve the quality and quantity of social media posts and increase reach and engagement
Supporting the Marketing Manager on social media advertising campaigns and providing regular evaluation and reporting including analysis of reach and engagement.
Implementing paid or partnership digital advertising opportunities agreed by the Marketing Manager and Chief Executive
Creating and supplying marketing assets in line with any agreements reached by the Marketing Manager or Chief Executive with external partners
Supporting the Marketing Marketing on marketing aspects of partnership agreements
Website and VoD
Driving the ongoing development of the UK Jewish Film website with up-to-date, constantly new, updated and engaging content, configured to promote/increase ticket sales.
Creating copy and new content for the website in line with the UK Jewish Film branding
Using Google Analytics to inform ongoing development of website
Promoing new content for the On Demand platform.
Online Ticket Sales System
Working closely with the Marketing Manager and Operations Manager to maintain the online ticketing system functionality ahead of festival ticket sale launches.
Ensuring the ticketing system maximises marketing opportunities for Membership sales.
Reporting regular updates on sales and adding new names to the newsletter database in line with GDPR.
Printed and Online Materials
Using InDesign and Adobe Creative Cloud to design printed and online materials for various platforms.
Assisting the Marketing Manager on the development, design and production of printed materials e.g. regional city flyers, highlights flyers and year-round special events flyers in accordance with marketing plans.
Supporting the Marketing Manager where necessary to implement newsletter campaigns and create newsletter copy, ensuring brand style and consistency.
Working with the Marketing Manager to identify and implement new ways to increase the various audience databases of the Festival, including email and postal databases, in line with GDPR.
Working with the Marketing Manager, Operations Manager and volunteer coordinators, especially during the Festival period, to ensure extensive acquisition and recording of new data.
Working with the Marketing Manager and Chief Executive to implement audience evaluation methods that provide useful information relating to marketing, planning, programming and other aspects that informs planning for future events and as required by current funders.
Working with the Marketing Manager to implement the most effective methods to capture audience evaluation from a broad and representative UK sample.
The following qualifications, skills and experience are essential for this post:
- 1-2 years experience in a marketing and/or membership role
- Experience of successfully developing and/or implementing Membership or Friends schemes
- Experience of CRM databases
- Background in digital marketing
- Experience of leading successful social media campaigns and increasing digital audiences
- Experience of successfully implementing marketing activity for a film or arts festival or arts/entertainment events
- Ability to take the initiative and work independently
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload
- Ability to write effective and professional marketing copy
- Excellent IT skills especially InDesign, Word and Excel
- Good organisational skills and an ability to work to tight deadlines
- University degree or equivalent
The following skills and experience are desirable for this post:
- Experience of marketing film festivals or films
- Knowledge of Jewish and Israeli cinema and/or culture
- Experience in PR or PR campaigns
- Experience of working with VoD or similar platforms
- Ability to work with a range of organisations and develop good working relationships
- Experience of developing audiences.