How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you who we are and what to expect when UK Jewish Film collects personal information.
Who we are
UK Jewish Film is the home for Jewish film in the UK. At the core of UK Jewish Film’s mission as a cultural charity is the notion that film is universal. It crosses cultures and divides and has the ability to unite, engage and educate diverse audiences through the telling of cinematic stories that provide stimulating, interesting and unique views of Jewish and Israeli life and culture.
The charity’s objects are to educate and create better awareness in the public of the history, culture and heritage of Jewish people; to combat antisemitism, racism and prejudice; and to build greater tolerance and understanding between communities, in particular through the medium of film.
This is achieved by the curation, promotion and presentation of an annual festival of British and international films that engage with Jewish themes, presented to diverse audiences in London and other cities across the UK; a programme of screenings and events year-round, educational programmes aimed especially at young people, a video on demand platform, a short film fund commissioning original and high quality new cinematic work that reflects British Jewish life and culture, and a ‘Filmlab’ offering support for emerging filmmakers. Additionally, the charity brings Holocaust education workshops to schools and provides online resources to educators.
We are registered as a charity, and our registration number is: 1072914
We comply with the Data Protection Act 1998, and electronic communications will be made in accordance with the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR)
We understand that your personal information and privacy are important to you. We make every effort to ensure that the information you share with us is recorded accurately, retained securely and used only according to your wishes. We protect your personal information and adhere to all current data protection act legislation with respect to protecting privacy. We do not give out, sell or trade our mailing list data with third parties. The information you provide will be used primarily to protect your purchases and attendance at events and also keep you informed about the activities of UK Jewish Film. If at any time you no longer wish to receive communications from us, simply contact us by using the online contacts form or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We collect the personal data that you may volunteer as part of:
- Booking tickets
- Making another purchase including Membership
- Making a purchase via our video on demand platform
- Sponsoring or funding a film or festival or other activities and strands of our work.
- Signing up for an e-newsletter or visitor surveys.
Personal information we collect may include:
- Your full name and title,
- Your date of birth,
- Your postal address, email address and phone number
We will also collect and hold information about any contact you have with us as a visitor, donor, sponsor or supporter of UK Jewish Film, and this may include details of:
- Ticket purchases and event attendance
- Contact preferences
- Gift information, including payment details where applicable
- Gift Aid status
- Details of correspondence sent to you, or received from you
- Donor status
- Any other information provided by yourself at the request of UK Jewish Film.
When we ask you to provide your personal information we will let you know why we are asking, and how we will use your data, by directing you towards this notice.
Depending on your relationship with UK Jewish Film, and the preferences you have indicated, data we hold may be used by us for the following purposes
Send you promotional, marketing or fundraising information by post, telephone or electronic means. These types of communications can include:
- Informing you of other films, events, products and services related to UK Jewish Film, such as festivals, films, events or retail offers.
- News and updates about UK Jewish Film and marketing e-newsletters which may include details about our sponsors.
- Information on our fundraising activities, including occasional targeted requests to consider giving financial support to UK Jewish Film, or to ask you to consider supporting us in other ways.
- Other relevant communications based upon your relationship with UK Jewish Film.