“No art passes our conscience in the way film does, and goes directly to our feelings.” ― Ingmar Bergman
UK Jewish Film reaches more than 30,000 people each year, from all backgrounds, young and old, in cities up and down the country, sharing stories and creating better understanding and awareness about Jewish life and identity.
Each year we bring you one of the largest and most respected Jewish film festivals in the world, education projects in schools nationwide, and ensure that Jewish film is available and enjoyed by all.
We cannot do any of this without your support. In the last 12 months we:
- Launched our ‘Challenging Antisemitism and Racism through Film’ workshops for school pupils aged 12+ and delivered our education outreach programme to hundreds of young people including ‘Israel on Screen’, ‘Belief in Film’ and ‘Lights, Chutzpah, Action!’ workshops.
- Partnered with local authorities in Tower Hamlets, Antrim and Newtonabbey and Manchester to organise Holocaust Memorial Day events using film and live testimony for more than 500 youth and adults.
- Produced the 22nd UK Jewish Film Festival with 120 screenings, 87 films from more than 20 countries, 22 venues in London, Brighton, Glasgow, Leeds, Manchester and Nottingham.
- Became the only Jewish film festival worldwide to be a BAFTA-qualifying festival.
- Commissioned two new films through the Pears Short Film Fund at UK Jewish Film.
- Were nominated for 2 awards and selected for scores of international film festivals around the world for our Pears Short Film Fund films.
- Presented over 400 additional year-round screenings in London, Manchester and Glasgow, reaching 16,000 people.
- Supported the next generation of filmmakers through our year-round Film Lab programme.
- Brought Jewish and Israeli films to 1000s of people, nation-wide, via our video on demand platform.